The following steps will help you prepare for spirometry.
- Before the test, patients should not eat large meals or smoke for at least two hours.
- Patients should know the purpose of each test as well as what they can expect.
- Patient should sit comfortably and be instructed how to use the Spirometer.
It is crucial to coach a patient during the testing because:
- You can be assured of consistent, accurate results.
- The patient is able to perform the test as best they can, which improves the quality of their results.
- The patient may feel less anxious and more at ease during the test.