Paper Nursing Care Plan | Nursing homework help
A multidisciplinary plan of care
Client: Mr. Smith, a 65-year-old male
Diagnosis for Hypertension Type 2
1. Monitor vital signs daily and adjust medications as needed to maintain target blood pressure – Rationale: To ensure that BP is being adequately managed in order to prevent potential complications such as stroke or heart attack.
2. Begin insulin therapy as prescribed by physician – Rationale: To better control glucose levels in order to reduce risk of diabetic complications.
3. Provide patient with dietary education on portion size and food choices – Rationale: To promote healthy eating habits which can help improve glycemic control while also reducing caloric intake, thereby aiding in weight loss if necessary.
4. Refer patient for physical activity counseling/exercise program – Rationale: To encourage lifestyle modifications that can lead to improved cardiovascular health, increased energy levels, decreased stress levels, and other general health benefits.
Short-Term Goals & Desired Outcomes (In 6 Weeks):
1. Effective medication management is key to achieving your target blood pressure.
2. Increase overall glucose control by 10% with dietary adjustments and a workout program.