Week 3 discussion pharmacology | Nursing homework help
- You may need additional objective or subjective information:
- A past medical history is required to determine if there are any other conditions that might affect the treatment.
- The severity and duration of the symptoms
- Any other symptoms, such as chest pains, wheezing, and shortness of breathing, are present
- To determine if you might have medication allergies, take a look at your allergy history
- Smoking history
- Treatment of Mr. JD’s cold: Based on the information provided, it appears that Mr. JD may have a bacterial sinus infection. It is up to the healthcare provider to decide if treatment should be done. However, if symptoms persist for more than seven to ten days or are severe enough that it interferes with your daily life, then the doctor may consider treating.
- Prescription for Mr. JD’s bacterial sinus infection:
- Different types of antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action: Blocks bacteria growth and replication
- Oral route
- Half-life: It varies depending on which medication is prescribed
- Metabolism and elimination: It all depends on what medication was prescribed.
- Notices in black box: This will vary depending upon the medication being taken.
It’s important to note that the specific medication, dose, and duration of treatment will depend on various factors, such as the severity and duration of symptoms, patient’s medical history, and potential drug interactions. Only licensed healthcare professionals can prescribe medication or determine the appropriate treatment option.