- In the southeast division of a large supermarket chain, introduce the problems of low sales and poor customer service.
- These problems can be solved by training and development.
- Describe the key points of your presentation.
Evaluation of Organizational Competitivity
- Explain that to develop an effective organizational development strategy, it is important to assess the organization’s competitiveness over the next ten years.
- Highlight the differences between this supermarket chain and its rivals in sales, customer service, retention, and satisfaction.
- Discuss potential external factors that may impact the organization’s competitiveness.
How to identify potential gaps in organizational effectiveness
- Consider how high turnover, low customer satisfaction and sales are all indicators of organizational inequalities.
- Explain why staffing could be contributing to the gaps.
Identification of Employee Needs
- Explain that it is essential to identify employee needs in order for an organization development strategy that will lead to greater organizational effectiveness.
- Draw attention to the most pressing issues facing employees at the three locations.
- Describe how surveys, focus group discussions, interviews can help identify employee needs.
Organizational Development Strategy
- Create a strategy for organizational growth that meets the needs of both the employees and the organization.
- Describe how this strategy will improve your organization’s effectiveness.
- Explain how formal education programs can help employees acquire new skills and knowledge that can help improve their performance and contribute to the organization’s competitiveness.
- Give us an example of an education program you can implement in your stores. Explain how this will improve the organization’s effectiveness.
Learning on-the job
- Explain how employees can learn new skills and knowledge through on-the job training.
- Give an example of an organization-wide training program you can implement in your stores. Explain how this will improve organizational efficiency.
- Explain to employees how they can be given special tasks that allow them to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- Give an example of a program for special assignments that could be used in stores, and describe how this will improve organizational efficiency.
- Explain to employees how mentorship can be used to help them learn from their more senior colleagues, gain insight into their jobs and improve the company.
- Give an example of how a mentorship program can be used in the store and describe how it leads to greater organizational effectiveness.
- Veuillez explain how coaching can be used to improve employee performance and help them develop new skills.
- Give an example of how a coaching program can be used in stores. Explain why it is beneficial for the organization.
Career Planning and Development
- Discuss the benefits of career planning and developmental programs for employees.
- Give an example to show how you can implement a career plan and development program in your store. Also, explain why this will improve organizational efficiency.
Employer Career Development: Organizational Best Practices
- Refer to how job rotation and job shadowing can be used by employees to help them develop their career within an organization.
- Give an example of an organization practice you can use in your store and describe how it leads to greater organizational effectiveness.