Week 1 Assignment
Forbes has published this information on the ten wealthiest Americans.
- Which elements can you find in the data above?
- What are the variables in this data collection?
- What is the number of observations in this data collection?
- What variables can be categorical or quantitative?
Below is a sample of 10 employees from a company.
20 30 40 30 50
30 20 30 20 40
- You can create a dotsplot using any method you choose to display the data.
Below are the prices of PAO, Inc. stocks over the past eight months.
- Create a scatter diagram. Draw a trend line between the points.
- Is there a relationship between stock prices and time? Positive, negative, or not at all?
Project Week 1
You will reference data from the ROI Excel Spreadsheet to complete these assignments. Get it here.
In this data set – the ROI data set – for 2 different majors (Business and Engineering), you are given a sample of the 20 best colleges according to ROI (ROI = Return on Investment) and their ‘School Type’, ‘Cost’, ’30-Year ROI’, and ‘Annual % ROI’.
- For each of the 2 majors create a pie chart using the column ‘School Type’. Please comment on the results.
- For each of the 2 majors create a frequency distribution and histogram using the column ‘Annual % ROI’. Start at 6% (0.06), and end at 11% (0.11). Then go to 0.5% (0.005).
- For the histograms title your charts “Histogram Business Major: Annual % ROI” for Business majors and “Histogram Engineering Major: Annual % ROI” for Engineering Majors. Leave a comment about your results.
Understanding the state of a business is essential as business owners try to adapt to an ever-changing economy. A thorough review of all relevant data and metrics is necessary to evaluate a business’ performance. This can prove difficult, particularly during the first week. This article will give you a summary of some of the most important statistics for evaluating a company’s first week. We also provide tips and other resources that can help businesses make sense of this data.
The sales performance is an important statistic to monitor during week one. Looking at sales figures can help to identify and analyze any trends in customer behaviour, as well as evaluate the overall demand for the business’ products and services. Also, areas where there may be improvement are pricing and outreach issues.
Other metrics that should be considered during a business’ first week include inventory levels, customer satisfaction ratings, marketing and advertising effectiveness, and financial data such as expenses and profits. All of these metrics provide useful insight into your overall business performance. Businesses can also track changes over time in these metrics to gain a better understanding of the market. This can then be used for creating growth strategies.
You should also consider the impact of external factors on business performance. You should also consider changes in industry regulations and customer preferences. You should monitor these external factors closely as they can have positive or negative effects on your business.
Businesses need to have resources available to interpret data and make meaningful conclusions. A review of the financial statement, an investment analysis and market research are all great resources to help you make informed decisions.
The analysis and collection of business data can give insight to a company’s current performance. To make the best decisions, you need to be able to evaluate multiple variables and access the appropriate resources.